Tuesday 28 May 2013

Introduction of Fish

Once the system was working 100%, I thought I should add the fish. I was warned that I might kill a few fish in my aquaponics exploits so I purchased some extras to ensure it was as unlikely as possible.

Shopping List:
1 Goldfish
pH Testing Kit
Water Thermometer

The pH level of the water was too far on the alkaline side and so I added the powder to bring the pH down and make it more acidic.

The pet shop recommends the goldfish don't live in water that gets below 15 degrees celsius, however the lowest I have measured so far is 12 degrees and the fish is fine.

Planting the seeds didn't work out, especially because I had to take all the pebbles out to fix the water flow. I bought a strawberry plant and recommend any seeds used are germinated externally.



No comments:

Post a Comment